Updated: October 27, 2020
Chamberlain Coffee ("Chamberlain") and its affiliates, operate this website (the "Site") and the services related to or offered on the Site (hereinafter, the "Services"). Chamberlain's Services may include, without limitation, offering and selling products, tools, applications, email services, bulletin and message boards, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, calendars, merchandise, products and downloadable mobile applications related to the Site or provided through the Site.
The use of the phrase "Personal Information" in this Policy means information that identifies a specific person that may include as a person’s full name, address, e-mail address. The phrase "Anonymous Information" in this Policy means non-personal information that cannot reasonably be used to identify individual persons (e.g., interests, demographics, geographical location and anonymous usage data).
Unless you opt out in accordance with this policy, by visiting this Site or using the Services, you are accepting the policies and practices described in this Policy. Each time you visit the Site or use the Services, you agree and expressly consent to Chamberlain’s collection, use and disclosure of the information that you provide as described in this Policy.
Your Personal Information will be processed by Chamberlain in the United States.
In addition to this general Policy, each Service may have additional privacy provisions that are specific to the particular Service. These supplemental disclosures are made adjacent to the particular Service at the time Chamberlain collects the information. These supplemental disclosures also govern the use of your information.
In general you can use the Site and/or Service without telling Chamberlain who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself. However, if you do not provide Chamberlain with certain requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain Services and features that may be contained on the Site and/or Service, including without limitation, selling the products on the Site to you.
- INFORMATION GATHERED BY CHAMBERLAIN
Chamberlain collects information about you in the following ways:
- Information you voluntarily provide Chamberlain.
Chamberlain collects and maintains information that you voluntarily submit to Chamberlain during your use of the Site and Services and when purchasing goods, products and/or services. For example:
- When you register for the Site, certain provided information to Chamberlain will be required such as your name and email address;
- As applicable, when you post comments and/or content on the Site and/or Service information about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, user name, likes, status, profile information and/or picture. This information is always public, which means it is available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
- As applicable, if you sign up to enter a contest or sweepstakes or receive a newsletter, if any, you may provide Chamberlain contact information (e.g., email or physical address);
- If you access or log-in to the Site and/or Services through a social media or other service or connect the Site and/or Services to a social media or other service, the information Chamberlain collects may also include your user ID and/or user name associated with that social media service, any information or content you have permitted the social media service to share with Chamberlain, such as your profile picture, email address or friends lists, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. When you access the Site and/or Services through social media services or when you connect the Site and/or Service to social media services, you are authorizing Chamberlain to collect, store, and use such information and in accordance with this Policy;
- If you purchase a good, product or service, you will be required to provide Chamberlain your credit card information and other Personal Information; and
- You may provide Chamberlain with Personal Information in the course of email, customer support interactions and surveys.
- Information Chamberlain collects through your use of the Site.
As you use the Site and Services, certain information may also be passively collected. Through cookies, pixels and beacons for the purposes of targeted and retargeted advertising, log files and other technologies, Chamberlain may collect information about how you use the Site and the Services. For example, Chamberlain may determine through an IP address that a particular computer or device is located in Los Angeles and Chamberlain may use this information to deliver advertisements promoting Los Angeles-based businesses. This information allows Chamberlain to deliver more helpful information, programs, tools and advertisements.
Chamberlain may also combine online and/or offline information received from third parties ("Third Parties") with the information Chamberlain has already collected from you via Chamberlain’s Site and/or Services. The third party information is used for a variety of purposes including verifying other information about you and to enhance the content and advertising Chamberlain provides to you.
Chamberlain and Third Parties may customize the advertisements that you see based upon: (i) the information that you provide Chamberlain; (ii) data Chamberlain receives from Third Parties; or (iii) your visits on the Site or use of Services and other websites or services (commonly referred to as "Behavioral Advertising"). Please see the "Cookies and Targeted Advertising" section below for more information on the use of tracking technologies and the information collected for Behavioral Advertising, and how you can delete cookies.
- HOW CHAMBERLAIN USES YOUR INFORMATION
Chamberlain may use the foregoing information gathered in the ways described below or described at the time that the information is collected.
In general, Chamberlain and Third Parties use the foregoing information gathered as necessary or appropriate for purposes including, but not limited, to:
- administer your account;
- register you and provide you access to the Site and/or Services;
- respond to inquiries or requests in connection with the Site;
- fulfill your requests and/or orders for products or services;
- send communications and administrative emails about the Site and/or Services;
- personalize and better tailor the features, performance and support of the Site and Services for your use;
- send you Site and/or Service-related communications, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- send you newsletters and other messages, including changes to features of the Site and/or Service and special offers that you may opt out of by clicking "unsubscribe" in the email. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
- send you promotional/marketing information, offers or other information regarding opportunities and functionality that Chamberlain thinks would be of particular interest to you;
- improve the quality of the Site and the Services; analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and user interactions with the Site and Services.
- We may use and share information with those persons and third-party entities specifically involved in providing you with services from Chamberlain and/or services related to Chamberlain. In addition, we may use and share aggregated information that does not uniquely identify you when it enables us to improve and enrich our services and Site content. Chamberlain reserves the right to use and share your information in the event Chamberlain believes doing so is necessary to operate the Site or where such disclosure may be required by law, or to protect Chamberlain's right or the rights of others.
- COOKIES AND TARGETED ADVERTISING
- Tracking Technologies (e.g., Cookies)
Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser's directions within the help tab. In order to use certain Services offered through the Site, your web browser must accept cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, some aspects of the Site or Service may not work properly, and you may not be able to access the Site and/or Services.
An "Internet protocol address" or "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. Chamberlain, its partners or their respective service providers, may use your IP Address when you access the Site or Services or use other means to assist with delivering geographically targeted advertisements.
- Targeted Advertising
Chamberlain adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance (for more information click here at http://www.aboutads.info/consumers).
- HOW CHAMBERLAIN DISCLOSES INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Chamberlain may share your information with its parent companies, affiliates, and/or subsidiaries and with Third Parties under the circumstances described below. If you do not want Chamberlain to use or disclose information collected about you in the ways identified in this Policy, you should not use the Site or Services.
We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested Third Parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Services.
- Government Agencies
Chamberlain may disclose and release your Personal Information to government representatives: (a) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (b) in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, a threat to homeland security, a threat to Chamberlain’s system or network, or in any cases in which Chamberlain believes it is reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, illegal conduct or a violation or alleged violation of this Policy or other agreement Chamberlain may have with you.
- Service Providers
Chamberlain may provide your Personal Information to service providers who work on its behalf or help Chamberlain to operate Chamberlain’s business, the Site and the Services. Examples of such service providers include vendors and suppliers that provide Chamberlain with technology, services, and/or content for sending email, analyzing data, research, providing advertising and marketing assistance, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service. Access to your Personal Information by these service providers is limited to the information reasonably necessary to perform its limited function.
- Third Parties
Chamberlain may share aggregated Anonymous Information about you with the Third Parties. Aggregated information is your Anonymous Information that is combined with the Anonymous Information of other users.
We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of Chamberlain (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
Any Personal Information or other content that you voluntarily disclose becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy or website customization settings. To change your privacy settings on the Site, you may visit your online account with Chamberlain. If you remove information that you posted to the Site, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
- Promotional Partners
- Affiliated Companies
Chamberlain may share your Personal Information and/or any other information collected hereunder with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies. Additionally, in the event Chamberlain goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and are permitted by this Policy.
Chamberlain may make message boards, chat rooms, blogs, product review forums and other interactive forums available as part of the Services. You should be aware that any information which you post to these interactive forums or otherwise choose to make publicly available, including your Personal Information, may be disclosed and available to all users who have access to that portion of the Site or Services. By using these interactive Services, you agree that Chamberlain is not responsible for any information that you disclose or communicate in such forums, and any disclosures you make are at your own risk.
- ACCESS AND CONTROL
At this time Chamberlain does not respond to browser 'Do Not Track' signals, as Chamberlain awaits the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
The Site and Services are not directed or intended for children under 13 years of age. Chamberlain does not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not register or provide Personal Information on the Site or through the Services. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to Chamberlain, please contact Chamberlain at firstname.lastname@example.org so that Chamberlain may delete and remove such child's information from Chamberlain’s systems.
You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information through the Site and/or Service, in which case the Site and/or Service may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may decline to share information, update or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by logging into your account, or by otherwise following the prompts on the Site.
Chamberlain offers you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive promotional communications from Chamberlain, you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional e-mail you receive.
If you would like assistance disabling your account please contact customer service at email@example.com.
Keep in mind, however, that even if you delete information from your account and/or profile, Chamberlain may retain your Personal Information in conformance with its data retention policy and Personal Information may remain within Chamberlain’s databases, access logs, and other records. In addition, Chamberlain is not responsible for updating or removing your Personal Information contained in the lists or databases of Third Parties who have been provided information as permitted by this Policy.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request the following information regarding Chamberlain’s use of your Personal Information. Chamberlain will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law, within 45 days of receipt of a verifiable request:
- The Personal Information Chamberlain Collects About You. You have the right to request the Personal Information Chamberlain collects about you. If you make this request, Chamberlain will provide you with the following (to the extent required by law): (i) the categories of Personal Information Chamberlain collects about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which your Personal Information was collected; (iii) how your Personal Information is processed and the categories of how it was used; (iv) the categories of Third Parties with whom your Personal Information was shared; (v) categories of Personal Information Chamberlain has sold to Third Parties and the categories of such Third Parties. If Chamberlain has not sold your Personal Information, Chamberlain will make that clear in its response.
Chamberlain’s response will be limited to Personal Information collected about you within the last twelve (12) months.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. You have the right to request that Chamberlain delete Personal Information collected by Chamberlain. Upon receipt of such request, Chamberlain will delete your Personal Information collected as of the date of such request, except when necessary to: (i) complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was provided or perform a contract with the you; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible; (iii) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (iv) exercise free speech (of business or another consumer) or other rights; (v) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; (vi) engage in public or peer reviewed research in the public interest; (vii) enable internal uses reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on their relationship with the business; and (viii) comply with a legal obligation; (ix) use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information
Please note that if Chamberlain deletes your Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain Site functions that require your Personal Information.
- Selling Your Personal Information. Chamberlain does not sell your Personal Information. However, as a California resident, you have the right to opt-out of any transfer or sale of your Personal Information Chamberlain collects about you. If you choose to opt out, please click the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” button located on the home page of the Site.
If you are a California resident interested in exercising your privacy choices please send us a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Request My Personal Information” on the Site home page. For all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state and zip code. We are not to be responsible for notices that are not labeled, are sent improperly or do not have complete information.
- YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information Chamberlain holds about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact Chamberlain through email@example.com.
Additionally, if you are a European resident Chamberlain hereby notes that it is processing your information in order to fulfill contracts Chamberlain might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The Sites may link to websites operated by Third Parties that Chamberlain does not control. Chamberlain does not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any Third Parties. Chamberlain encourages you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to information collected by Chamberlain through the Site or Services and does not apply to these third party websites. The ability to access information of Third Parties from the Site or Services, or links to other websites or locations, is for your convenience only and does not signify Chamberlain’s endorsement of such Third Parties, their products, services, websites, locations or their content.
Chamberlain places a priority on the security of Personal Information, and Chamberlain undertakes reasonable security measures to help protect the data that resides on its servers. Chamberlain also uses secure server software (SSL) to process all financial transactions that occur on the Site. SSL technology can encrypt Personal Information transmitted over the Internet. However, no security system is impenetrable. Chamberlain does not warrant the security of its servers, nor does Chamberlain warrant that your information, including Personal Information, will be completely secure or not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.
In addition, Chamberlain is not responsible for the privacy or data security practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including in connection with any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Services.
If you have any questions regarding privacy or this Policy, you may contact Chamberlain as follows: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chamberlain reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless Chamberlain advises you otherwise. Your continued use of the Site or Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. Chamberlain encourages you to bookmark this Web page and review this Policy regularly.